For sellers who are looking at remodeling, and want to make sure their renovation dollars are well spent, this could be a road map of what to update or add to their homes. Some other highlights:
- 78% of buyers chose a home with a garage
- 58% purchased a home with a fireplace
- New kitchen appliances were more important to buyers than granite countertops
- 69% of buyers who didn't buy a home with new appliances would have been willing to pay more for a home that had them
- Among buyers 55 and older, 42% rated a single level home style very important, compared to only 11% of buyers under 35
- Buyers were willing to pay a higher dollar value for an in-law suite and a basement than other extra room types.
- The feature that had the highest dollar value buyers were willing to pay extra for? Waterfront location.
- 53% of buyers started a home improvement project within 3 months of buying, typically in the kitchen.
- The majority of buyers wanted more or larger closets and more storage.
Westchester NY Real Estate, Chappaqua Real Estate, Pleasantville Real Estate
Post a Comment